The 2019 Arkansas State Spelling Bee is scheduled for March 2, 2019.
In order for your students to participate in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette spelling bee program, your school must enroll with the Scripps National Spelling Bee at www.spellingbee.com . This will also serve as your registration with the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.
Click below to see the most recent list of enrolled schools by county.
•Aug. 22-Oct. 15, 2018 – Early bird enrollment period. The per-school fee is $160.
•Oct. 16-Dec. 14, 2018 – Regular enrollment period. The per-school fee is $235.
•The deadline to host a local bee is January 1, 2019.
•The deadline to host a county bee is January 31, 2019.
The fee to participate in the bee is $160 per school during early bird enrollment. The fee goes up to $235 after Oct. 15, 2018.
Once enrolled, you will receive:
• Log-in ID and password for a teachers-only area of spellingbee.com
• Grade-specific word lists and study sheets for grades 1–8 Click here
• Study materials for your school spelling champion
• The 2019 Classroom Pronouncer Guide Click here
• The 2019 School Pronouncer Guide Click here
• Materials to conduct your Great American SpellCheck fund-raiser
• Award certificates
• Key information about your local spelling bee program
• From Encyclopædia Britannica, a free one-year subscription to Britannica Online for Kids (a $69.95 value) for use as a prize in your spelling bee program.
Funding Your Enrollment:
If there are concerns about funding the materials and enrollment fee, you may consider recouping the fee by assessing a nominal entry fee of $2 to $5. You could also ask local businesses to sponsor the bee by paying the enrollment fee, or by donating prizes or funds for prizes.