The 2017 Arkansas State Spelling Bee is scheduled for March 4, 2017.
In order for your students to participate in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette spelling bee program, your school must enroll with the Scripps National Spelling Bee at www.spellingbee.com . This will also serve as your registration with the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.
Click below to see the most recent list of enrolled schools by county.
Enrolled Schools 12.16.16
•Scripps has set the deadline for paying the $145 participation fee as October 14.
A late registration period may be set, but fees may apply.
•The deadline to host a local bee is January 1, 2017.
•The deadline to host a county bee is January 31, 2017.
The fee to participate in the bee is $145 per school.
Once enrolled, you will receive:
• Log-in ID and password for a teachers-only area of spellingbee.com
• Grade-specific word lists and study sheets for grades 1–8
• Study materials for your school spelling champion
• The 2017 Classroom Pronouncer Guide
• The 2017 School Pronouncer Guide
• Materials to conduct your Great American SpellCheck fund-raiser
• Award certificates
• Key information about your local spelling bee program
• From Encyclopædia Britannica, a free one-year subscription to Britannica Online for Kids (a $69.95 value) for use as a prize in your spelling bee program.
Funding Your Enrollment:
If there are concerns about funding the $145 materials and enrollment fee, you may consider recouping the fee by assessing a nominal entry fee of $2 to $5. You could also ask local businesses to sponsor the bee by paying the enrollment fee, or by donating prizes or funds for prizes.